my brief was to “Ask someone for instructions in what to do and then obey them” and i think i did pretty well! i asked my friend “what should i do for this assignment?” and she said the above quote and then i had to make a record of it!!
“There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns. If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself. What we call chaos is just patterns we haven’t recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can’t decipher. what we can’t understand we call nonsense. What we can’t read we call gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
This is an example of a feral man (isolated from human communities, raised by animals).
Here are some facts about feral people you probably don’t know.
- feral children are never able to properly learn human language.
- once they are passed that critical learning person (from age 2-5) that’s it, it’s over. they will never be able to communicate normally.
- they are able to communicate with their animal family in ways such as a growl
- they become integrated with the environment.
- for example, the case of the Victor of Aveyron, was a feral boy. when brought into a warm home, he hated it. he tried to escape numerous times and frolicked around naked in the snow.
- feral children may never learn how to walk upright because as said before they passed the critical learning period
- they show disinterest around the people around them, and prefer the companion of their animal family
- their skin and feet have evolved to suit their respective environment. for example, strong calluses at the feet for running around the forest.
What do you do if you look up and see homeboy running at you like that?
That’s fucking scary to think about.
On June 11th 1963, Thích Quảng Đức, a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, sat down in the middle of a busy intersection in Saigon, covered himself in gasoline and he then ignited a match, and set himself on fire. Đức burned to death in a matter of minutes, and he was immortalized in a famous photograph taken by a reporter who was in Vietnam in order to photograph the war. All those who saw this spectacle were taken by the fact that Duc did not make a sound while burning to death. Đức was protesting President Ngô Đình Diệm’s administration for oppressing the Buddhist religion.
I was waiting for this to come up on my dash. You also can’t forget that his whole body burned, but his heart remained intact and did not burn.